Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fall Cables Cardigan progress report

This one has been going slowly because I have been working on other projects too. I have the back knit to about 9 inches now. The first sleeve is waiting until I know how the armhole will fit on me. I have long arms and really want the sleeves to be long enough to fit well.

I love doing cables! These are 8 stitches wide and 8 rows tall, pretty easy to do. My mind has been full of ideas for the next cable project.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! This really is beautiful! Color and all.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Can't wait to see this finished. I love this pattern. It looks really good.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hah! That's so funny. You and I are working on the same pattern. I noticed that when I was reading the Fall Cables KAL. How do you knit in the round? Do you think it's easier? I've already made one of these sweaters, and I think it turned out beautifully. I'm making another one, and this time I'm adding more buttonholes. The original was a big "gappy".

5:57 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I love knitting in the round! You leave out the 2 edge stitches that are used for seaming and join the stitching. You can knit every row that way. I am using a circular needle on the sleeve but I think I started it with dpn. It has been a while.

Thanks for commenting about the buttonholes. I will take a look at that again.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home