Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

Cabled Coronet hat finished

I finished my hat earlier this week. It has gotten a lot of use in the winter weather we have had.

Coronet hat pattern from Knitty.com by Alexandra Virgiel
Universal Yarns Inc. Deluxe Worsted Tweed 100% Wool
Size 8 needles

I really like this hat. The cabled band makes it look so dressy. I think my band may have been a little smaller than the pattern designer's. I knit the hat to the length she suggested and it seems just a little bit tall. But that leaves me plenty to pull down over my ears when it is cold.

I will definitely use this pattern again. I often make hats for charities. I think this will be a good one for that too. There is just something special about it.

This is the view outside my door yesterday. There is ice under about 8 inches of snow. Now you can see why I have needed a wool hat!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Hat looks great... so does the snow.

Send a few inches my way?

:o)

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home