Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A bit of crochet

I love to create things in crochet! I find it easy to "see" how to get the shapes I want in crochet. I am not sure why I don't do more of it? Too many other things to do I supppose, like taking care of my family, homeschooling, running kids to activities, working with Arnhild and running my own business. I guess you would say that my days are a little busy! HA!

I made up this little purse before the TNNA trade show last summer. I wanted something that would hold just the necessities but be small enough to tuck into my knitting bag when I needed to carry it too. The strap is long enough to put over my head to the opposite shoulder. I don't have to worry about it falling off the shoulder or giving me a crick in the neck.

I used River Jeans yarn, a cotton yarn with a denim look. It is beautiful, soft yarn for a cotton. Other cottons make my hands hurt when I work with it but not this one. Lovely stuff! I lined it with white so you can see the lace rows better.

As you maybe can see here, I have been using it lately to carry the Bunad stocking that I am working on. It makes a great sock project bag too!

If I can find the time I will try to write up the pattern! I have so many patterns which are only notes or worse yet, just in my head yet!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger HODGEPODGESPV said...

makes me pant reading this. good think you knit/crochet fast!

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home