Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Wonderful Wiggles Wallaby

It is getting closer to being finished and it is so cute! Carl, my 4yo who helped me design this one for himself, is very pleased with it. He is anxious to try it on.

It is made on size 8 needles from TLC Wiggles yarn in red, yellow and blue. (Love those simple color names!) I am making the size 6 width but I think the lengths will be closer to the 8 because Carl is tall and thin. I just hope he doesn't decide that the little wiggley bits are to itchy.

I started adding random stripes of the yellow because I wasn't sure I would have enough blue. We had only planned on the yellow for the pocket but we both decided that the stripes look great.

I think I will be starting the placket in the next row or so, then it is on to the hood which will be red!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

It is a great looking sweater. I can't wait to see Carl in it :)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

That sweater is so cute! I've had that pattern for a while and haven't tried it yet. You've tempted me to to start one but I really need to finish some things first!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home