Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Monday, March 19, 2007

Wallaby is finished and loved!

As soon as the last threads were clipped Carl put his Wallaby on and he hasn't taken it off. I think it might be hard to get him to take it off even for bedtime! This one is certainly a winner.

Photo shoots with Carl are interesting right now. He is always talking and moving. I have a great photo of the side of the house where I thought he was! LOL

He didn't like the sun either so I got lots of funny faces.

I used TLC Wiggles yarn for this sweater on size 8 needles. I started with 2-3.5 oz skeins of blue and one each of the yellow and red. Carl had chosen the placement of the colors and I was off.

I knitted the sleeves first and when I got just above the pocket I realized I only had about half a skein or so of the blue so I started adding in random stripes of the yellow. I thought about doing some red ones too but I am glad that I didn't because the hood took most of that color. I still have a small amount of the blue and yellow. Maybe I should make him a hat from the leftovers?

The Wonderful Wallaby is a Cottage Creations pattern available from my LYS, The Rose Tree Fiber Shop, and others.

I used the size 6 for the stitch counts because Carl is so slim but I think most of the lengths were closer to the size 8. It gave him just the right amount of growing room I think.

This is the stockinette hood. Doesn't it fit nicely with the ribbing around the neck and the garter stitch border around the face?

Definitely a pattern that I will consider using again. I could use one for myself. Isn't that pouch pocket great? I could put my ball of yarn in there when I am outside with Carl. I often am knitting a small project when we are out. The weather is getting nicer though so we may not need sweaters much longer.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wouldn't want to take it off either...the primary colors are fabulous!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The sweater looks great and Carl is so cute!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

What a handsome young man in his delightful sweater. You did a great job on it Denise. Tell Carl I think he is a cutie pie :)

12:24 AM  
Blogger Violet said...

The sweater is absolutely adorable! I love the wiggles yarn. I've been wanting to make the wonderful wallaby for a while, and I think you've just inspired me!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Great job! Tell Carl his choice of colors and their placement is absolutely perfect.

Tammy - Knits-N-Purrs

3:51 PM  
Blogger Library Research in Context said...

What a stud

12:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home