Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Sunday, June 22, 2008

TNNA 2008


I have been very slow to report about our trip to The National Needle Arts Association trade show. I went with Arnhild from Arnhild's Knitting Studio and her other helper Linda. They are still setting things up in this picture. It was exhausting but great fun! We have been very busy since then trying to fill all of the orders.

The day we set up was very hot and humid in Columbus, Ohio. I remember hearing or seeing it was about 96 degrees. Hauling things in and getting it all set up was miserable in that heat! We finally managed it quite nicely though and then we retreated to our hotel to rest up for the opening of the show the next morning.

After 3 days of the show we had to pack it all up again in the heat. I wasn't quite as bad though because they didn't open the big doors behind us until the end of the day. The convention hall stayed a lot cooler. It took us about 3 hours to disassemble and pack everything up and then we were out of there looking for a good meal and a cool place to relax!

I also went looking on the internet for reports of the flooding situation back in Iowa to make sure we would be able to travel home safely. Fortunately, we didn't have a problem then, but later in the week interstate 80 was closed due to flooding near Iowa City. My heart goes out to the many, many people who's homes were flooded with muddy river water.

I had a great time meeting people at the show. There were so many people there whom I had read about but had never imagined being able to meet in person. Book authors, pattern designers, magazine editors, yarn company owners, lots of yarn shop owners, etc. It was wonderful to be able to say hello to them and get to know them a little bit.

We had a great show, though it was a little slow the first 2 days. The orders were very good there and we have had more orders since we got home. We also have about a dozen new stores which will be carrying some of the Rauma Yarns and Patterns. Check out your local yarn shop and see if they have it!

Arnhild and I have been very busy printing up more patterns and translations and packing the orders that we had on hand. There will be a large order coming from Rauma in Norway soon. Then there will be yarn to send out for the back orders too. We have gotten so many orders within the past week that we may need another order from Rauma very soon! Business is good!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home