Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Cotton Baby Set from One Skein Wonders

Well, not all of it is directly from One Skein Wonders but it was inspired by the patterns in this book at least. The sweater is the Bamboo Baby and the booties are a very reworked version of the Be-ribboned Booties both from this book. The hat is totally made up by me to match the sweater. The whole set is garter stitch with eyelet edging.

I used size 6 needles with Phildar Licorne cotton yarn. I had 2 balls to start and there will barely be enough left to make ties for the booties. This is a really soft, smooth cotton yarn. Lovely to work with. I think I would enjoy making a summer top from it as well.

This set will be going to the Rose Tree Fiber Shop as a display sample for the yarn when I get the booties finished and find some buttons for the sweater.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mary_kaymom3 said...

Me again about the Feather and Fan Pinwheel border sorry I'm a little challenged with this one
I'll tell you exactly what I did
I started with 378 sts
I did a round of yo k2
a round of plain knit
for the 1st pattern row I did
(k2tog) 3 times (yo k1) 6 times (k2tog) 6 times (yo k1) 6 times
and in a perfect world I hoped the end of the round would end with (k2tog) 3 times and match the beginng but it didn't. Is there something I'm doing obviously wrong?
Thanks for the help

8:36 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Your number is divisible by 18 so that is okay. It should work out
the way you are thinking as far as I can see. Where in the sequence
did you end up?

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home