Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Red and white top hat

This hat was my 4 year old son's idea. Carl picked out the yarn and told me what he wanted made from it. Dare I say that it is inspired by a certain cat? Or will I get in trouble with the Mouse and his lawyers?

The yarn is Nature Spun worsted wool. The pattern only exists in my head but I have been writing things down as I go. I can already see things that I would like to change but I am too lazy to frog and start this one over. Besides, Carl won't care. He loves it already!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Cant wait to see it on him!

Carl, Great job picking out the colors and asking your Mom to make this.

I love the baby set as well. I've been thumbing through my books and One Skein Wonder holds several patterns I look forward to making. Including this baby set. So darn cute!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

The hat looks pretty cool, Denise!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home