Denise's NeedleWorks
Name:
Location: Ames, Iowa, United States

I am wife to Jeff, homeschool mom to 8, a knit and crochet teacher and totally addicted to knitting, crocheting and other fiber arts. After knitting, crocheting and sewing my own clothing from the age of 10 on, I studied textiles & clothing in college. That lead me to 25 years of custom dressmaking and alterations work, while sewing, knitting and crocheting for my growing children. I have worked in the yarn industry for the past 3 years and have been designing my own knitting patterns. Visit my web site at http://www.denisesneedleworks.com Find me as DeniseInIowa on Ravelry.com

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spiral/pinwheel baby blanket


It is finally finished! So much knitting around and around. I love mindless knitting except this is not exactly mindless. I mean every other round you have to remember to put in a yarn over. I was always finding that I had skipped the increase so I had to pick it up on the next round. I can see a couple that I didn't get picked up.

I tried several sideways borders but couldn't get any of them to work out. I finally decided to use a lace pattern that I know how to do-Feather and Fan. Oh, and don't look too closely at the Feather and Fan border. I think I got off in the last section so the yarn overs don't quite line up. But it is done and I think it looks pretty good.

So here is the pattern for the Round or Pinwheel Baby Blanket that I used.
I added a basic Feather and Fan border. It took 3-7 oz. skeins of Red Heart Worsted yarn in Mint green on size 8 needles. I was afraid I was going to run out of yarn before I got it finished!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

That is a lot of mint green! But it turned out so nice!! I like the fan and feather border on it.

6:39 AM  
Blogger Sande Francis said...

What perserverance! You deserve to kick back with your favorite chocolate treat and crow. :) good job!!

sandeleh@sbcglobal.net

10:37 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I love the color you chose, it's not a predictable baby color :-)

blog.standardd.net

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful blanket! I wish when I get inspired with ideas for baby blankets my muse would not be quite as ambitious as she has been, and let me work in one color...sigh. Oh, well, mine turn out OK too. Not perfect, but OK.

Valerie Smith
vanity.phare@gmail.com

7:48 PM  
Blogger tatt3r said...

I'm making a pinwheel blanket, too. I like your f&f border. Did you continue with the increases while you knit the border?

5:29 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

love it ,love it! i must try this pattern!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love your border -- almost enough to consier knitting another pinwheel baby blanket myself!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Carol & Christine said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home